Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ilhéus and free WiFi

So, I came to spend mother's day with my mom at my grandparent's place. They live in Ilhéus, a very nice town in south Bahia (will post pictures later, but Google is your friend). Like any other geek MSc. student with a lot going on at the same time, I missed Internet (actually, I didn't miss it yet, since I just got here... but I knew I was gonna miss it pretty soon). But, after dinner, while everybody was watching the soaps, I came out to the balcony to work on some stuff I had to write. Well, since optimism is one thing I have a lot of, I just start looking for WiFi networks on the neighborhood... found three of them, and guess what?!?! One of them was open!!!! God bless unsecured, free WiFi net access!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realise that they might have done this so that they could sniff your network traffic, don't you? ;)

Unknown said...

It's possible, but I don't really care... it's free net access from my grandma's balcony!!! :-) which has a great view, by the way...