Thursday, May 24, 2007

American Idol 6

OK, yesterday season 6 of American Idol ended with a blast, and 17-year-old Jordin Sparks was the winner. I didn't actually watch the show, but I read about the finals being yesterday and got a little curious, because it seemed the race was pretty tight. So, I went to our great friend YouTube and basically watched the performances from the Top 6 to form an opinion. I think it was really fair up to the Top 3. They were all really good, but I think that the best one was Melinda Doolittle, who didn't make it to the great finals. Eventually, it was a battle between the best entertainer (Blake Lewis) and the best singer(Jordin), as Simon put it. And Jordin came out on top.

Since I actually spent some time seeing the performances, I selected 4 from each singer (best song first) to put here... check 'em out!

By Jordin Sparks:
- I Who Have Nothing
- Broken Wing
- I Am a Woman in Love
- This Is My Now (actually, didn't like it so much... but it's interesting to compare with Blake's version.)


By Blake Lewis:
- You Give Love a Bad Name (Awesome, I guess this performance is what actually got him all the way to the end)
- This Love
- This Is Where I Came In
- This Is My Now (Once again, just to compare)

By Melinda Doolitle :
- I'm a Woman
- Nut Bush City Limits
- Trouble is a Woman
- Mend a Broken Heart

OK, I'm gonna put more than 4, 'cause they're all great, and not at all similar, as other contestants'!!!
- I Believe in You and Me
- Have a Nice Day
- As Long As He Needs Me
- Sway
- For Once in My Life [Her Audition!!!!!!!!]


* Keep in mind that I didn't actually watch the whole season, so I may have missed something really good... in that case, I'd love some new pointers...

No comments: