Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Back in Campinas

Well, after two weeks of "almost vacations", I'm back in Campinas. These were two pretty cool weeks, the first in Rio for a congress (as I posted before) and last week in Salvador for some well-deserved (well, at least much-expected) rest. I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I should have, but Rio is as beautiful as ever, take my word for it. We stayed in a pretty cool hotel, in Leme (right next to Copacabana). Actually, Brasil's national volley team was also there. It had a pool on the top floor, with an awesome view!!! Check it out...


(I know I'm kinda blocking the view, but you can get the idea... :-) )
So, Rio was really great, partying in Lapa, going to the beach, actually doing some work and attending some great lectures... just fantastic!!
Then saturday, september 1st, I went to Salvador for the week. This first weekend we had great weather, I spent the whole day on the beach, just drinking and relaxing... terrible way to spend a week, hey!?!? :-) Unfortunately it rained a lot during the week, so all my beaching was restricted to these first couple of days... I did get a pretty cool picture of the sunset, though... check it out...


I actually took that one with my cell phone... and I used to wonder why the hell people would want cameras on their phones... well, there you go! That's in Itapuã, by the way... so if you ever listen to "Tarde em Itapuã" (An afternoon in Itapuã, that is), you now have an idea of what Vinícius de Moraes was talking about... ;-)
The whole week was pretty nice too, saw lots and lots of people I hadn't seen in a while, did some beer drinking, watched a pretty good old movie (On the Waterfront, more on that on a later post), and some bbq-ing... that was pretty cool too, specially for all these people from school I hadn't seen in a year or so...

No comments: