Friday, June 15, 2007

The White Stripes [Music]

This is sort of yesterday's news (well, actually 2003 news) but The White Stripes rock! Of course I'd heard of them before, and of course I'd heard one or two of their songs... but I'd never paid attention and I missed out on the opportunity of enjoying Elephant... this is definitely one of the best albums I've heard for quite a while... and it kinda got me by surprise: I got it from eMusic (mp3 at a fair price and no DRM, just fantastic) and put it on my iPod to go to the gym. I was blown away, and I've heard the entire album quite a few times since then... it starts strong and heavy with "Seven Nation Army" (probably their best-known song?), goes louder, then delivers a Burt Bacharach cover ("I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself" , then the sweet Meg White-sung ballad "In The Cold, Cold Night", then Led Zeppelin comes back from the dead in "Ball and Biscuit"... when it all ended with "Well It's True That We Love One Another" it just left me wondering where the hell I was four years ago and how could I miss all this... just fuckin' amazing!!!

No comments: