Saturday, October 6, 2007

Another point for not living in the US

Just a quick note on a story from the NY Times on how Bush says interrogation methods aren't torture. The fun part is that he won't disclose exactly which interrogation methods he's talking about, all people know is that the CIA is authorized to use them. Conforting, isn't it? I loved this quote in particular from Bush's press secretary:

“I’ve had the awful responsibility to have to work with The New York Times and other news organizations on stories that involve the release of classified information,” Mr. Fratto said. “And I could tell you that every time I’ve dealt with any of these stories, I have felt that we have chipped away at the safety and security of America with the publication of this kind of information.”

No comments: