Monday, June 9, 2008

So, haven't you been going to the movies?!



Oh, yeah, I definitely have!! I've been just too lazy to write about it.
First I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall and thought it was amazing (even though I could go with a little less of that guy-frontal-nudity stuff)!! Outrageously funny!!! I think we're finally having some new energy brought into comedies, as I hadn't seen since those long gone times when American Pie first came out (What?!?!!? Has it been 9 years already?!?!? Come on, I can't be that old!!). 40 Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up, Superbad, Forgetting Sarah Marshall... those are all amazingly funny movies from more or less the same group of people. Hopefully, there's still much more to come!!
Then it was time for Sex and the City and, well, it sucked. I mean, it's not all bad, I still had some fun... but it's long, pointless, and really, really predictable (at least on Carrie's storyline, come on!!).
Then I went to watch Kung Fu Panda last friday, which was pretty cool. I love Jack Black, and he is as funny as ever in this movie. The animation is pretty good, the movie is absurdly funny, but I can't shake off the feeling that Dreamworks is still lagging behind Pixar. Even though Panda was very, very funny, I don't think it's gonna be remembered as "one-of-the-greats" (Toy Story, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, *maybe* Shrek). I'm much more excited about Wall-E, as I'm pretty confident it's set out to be a classic!!! Unfortunately, we're still gonna have to wait for some 20 days before we know...


2 comments:

Unknown said...

The incredible Hulk comes out this Friday, at least in Brazil.

I think the Hulk sucks. The last movie sucked, the TV series from the 70's sucked, the character sucks (though I don't have the guts to say it in front of him). BUT it's going to be Ed Norton, and I haven't still seen a bad movie with him.

I'm excited to see how Ed Norton will handle a character who can't talk. It's gonna be great.

Unknown said...

You are right, all the little faith I have in Hulk comes from Ed Norton... I don't really think it's a bad character per se, I just don't think it translate well to the big screen because they don't have the special effects to make it look realistic (could it even look realistic??). It always looks like a cartoon, it's ridiculous. And don't get me started on the other film... Hulk-dogs, come on?!?!?!?