Thursday, May 29, 2008

Me & and the Enigma

I was going through my pics from San Francisco and I remembered I should've posted this long ago!!! Everything's been so hectic I hadn't had time to sort through the (literally) hundreds of pictures, but here are we, I and the Enigma:


De Noogler Training @ Mountain View



For the not-cryptographically-inclined, the Enigma is probably the most mythical of all cryptographic machines, extensively used by the germans during WWII. They have one at the Computer History Museum, in Mountain View, which was so very cool. Actually, this museum is definitely worth the visit, with all sorts of cool memorabilia we've all heard/read about. They actually had the first video-game, Spacewar running on a PDP-1 (the computer form the '60s where it was first programmed). Very nerdy, very cool stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In another continent: http://resources.zdnet.co.uk/articles/imagegallery/0,1000002003,39415278,00.htm

--
Augusto

Unknown said...

That really sucks... I read about it a few days ago in Schneier's blog, and it really looks like no one is gonna pick up the tab for that... Now I have to find a way to go to England before Bletchley Park is gone...